zondag 17 februari 2008

Technique before volume

Last year I decided I would like to finish in the 1/4 triathlon of Mechelen in 2008. Although my objective is only recreational, one doesn't swim 1,5km, bike 40 km and run 10km without training and some small sacrifices.
It was obvious that my swimming technique needed improvement. So the past months, every Sunday morning, Anne helped getting rid of the worst errors. We're not there yet
Objective: 400m in 8 minutes. Last week, we timed it the first time and I'm not there yet. So this morning it was video time. No surprises there, but it showed how difficult it is to change technique. Even more than swimming, running poses a real problem for the moment. Since Uni I struggle on and off with ITB. With the help of sports fysio Didier Verhasselt this shouldn't be a show stopper. The most important thing in running is in my opinion injury prevention. Again with running it's all about technique. After some thought I opted for POSE. So for the coming weeks it's all about basic drills to improve strength and flexibility.

1 opmerking:

ActiveLife zei

It's now july 2008 and having trained a couple of times with you I must say your technique has improved massively. Go for it!